Illustrations of Alexandrian chemical apparatus, Mss. 2325 and 2327 in the Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris. These drawings were first published by the French chemist M. Berthelot in his Introduction a l'etude de Ia chimie des anciens et du moyen age, Paris, 1889.
1. Copper tribikos on furnace.
2. Digestion-vessel on sand-bath.
3. Copper alembic on furnace.
4. Digestion-vessel in closed furnace.
5. Tribikos on furnace.
6. Copper distilling-vessel without still-head.
7. Digestion-vessel on tripod.
8. Digestion.vessel in closed furnace.
9. Digestion-vessel on furnace.
11. Alembic on water- or ash-bath (Synesius).
12. Alembic (Synesius).
14. Alembic with sublimation attachment.
15. Sublimation apparatus with jacket.
16. Sublimation apparatus on furnace.